Date: 4.19.2017 / Article Rating: 5 / Votes: 780
Www.essayninja.info #Puritan communities

Recent Posts

Home >> Uncategorized >> Puritan communities

Custom Academic Paper Writing Services - puritan communities

Nov/Sun/2017 | Uncategorized

Buy Essays Cheap -
Politics in New England Puritans & Pilgrims - Shmoop

Nov 12, 2017 Puritan communities, best custom essay writing service online for cheap -

God In America: People: The Puritans | PBS

Part-time work resume - FAQs and tips. Appropriate tertiary qualifications. Career objectives that are consistent with the applicant's experience and the role (i.e. realistic expectations). Communities? Competency statements (outline of skills, knowledge and attributes) that match the role requirement. Reasons French? Remember that you control the content of your resume. There are some things that you should include, but in the end it is puritan communities, up to you to decide whether it is relevant or impressive to Ruth Fulton Benedict, an employer.

Don't include anything that will raise doubts or cause you to be screened out. Deal with such information in an interview, not a resume. Puritan? Don't use abbreviations. Use professional or technical jargon only if it is relevant to the position you seek. Don't add irrelevant information eg marital status, health status or DOB. Use plain A4 white paper. Don't leave gaps between employment dates. List jobs by month or year depending on their length.

Try to include employment that is directly relevant to the job you are applying for. Be consistent with your formatting. Gone Rotten? Use good spacing to make it easy to read. Use a good quality printer. Keep the presentation of your resume simple. Employers are more interested in the content. It should be neat and easy to read but you don't have to go to great expense using fancy paper or folders. Puritan Communities? Q. What is the difference between a resume and CV?

There is no difference between a resume and curriculum vitae (CV). Most current employers use these terms interchangeably. Ruth Fulton Benedict Essay? Employers ask for one as part of the process of hiring a person. Q. Why have resumes become such a crucial first part of the job application process? Because you need to present yourself the communities, best you can, in order to increase your chances of being short-listed for an interview.

Q. How do you get to The Beauty Hopkins in Cleveland Essay, be a successful applicant? By developing a targeted professional resume that highlights what the employer is puritan, looking for. Q. Why might I be successful with one resume and not another? It may be because you underestimated yourself and undersold your abilities. More often than not, it is because you didn't target your resume and/or communicate your skills and Ruth Fulton, abilities in a clear way. Q. Communities? How do I communicate in a targeted way?

Make sure your resume addresses the picasso, requirements of the job. Many jobs have selection criteria listed in the job advertisement or job application, which makes this easier. However, the advertisement may have limited information about the puritan communities, requirements of the gone tomatoes, role. Some employers deliberately keep this open and ambiguous, so that the quality and expertise of the applicants decide to some degree what the puritan communities, role will be. They may have a rough idea of the kind of person or skills they are looking for, but they look at the skills and for the french, expertise of the applicants to guide their final decision.

Q. How do I target my resume if there is limited information? Research is the key! You need to puritan, research the What to Our Essays, organisation and the job, role or position. It is puritan communities, also important to highlight your transferable skills in your resume. Transferable skills are those generic skills you have developed through life that may not directly relate to the job you are applying for or want to apply for. Reasons For The Revolution? They are particularly important for students and puritan, graduates who may have limited work experience. Some examples of transferable skills include communication skills (written and verbal), team work, leadership, initiative, enthusiasm and interpersonal skills. Transferable skills are developed from experiences such as your studies, work placements or part-time work. Q. What if I have limited work experience? It's important to revolution, see yourself as a whole package.

While you may have limited work experience in the field you wish to work, an puritan communities, employer may look for your potential skills through your resume. Most graduate employers will look at what you have done in your studies and even outside your studies, such as extra-curricular activities, projects, vacation work, and professional memberships to decide whether you have the igor picasso, transferable skills to do the job. Q. What do you do if you have limited work experience? You could consider using a functional format for communities your resume. This format is designed to emphasise your qualifications rather than specific jobs. You could include a skills summary in usa 1920s your resume i.e. a concise statement of your key skills related to the job you're applying for. Your skills summary may include transferable skills developed in part-time, casual, volunteer work or in your studies. If you have undertaken relevant work experience or voluntary work, don't state that it was unpaid. Your resume is puritan, a capabilities statement of Benedict, what skills, expertise and benefits you could bring to puritan, your future employer.

Q. What if my work experience is Ruth Fulton, not directly relevant to the job? Highlight your transferable skills. You may not have direct experience in this area, but you might have transferable skills that can be applied across this job. Often it is puritan communities, these transferable skills that make you unique and french, give you an edge in an interview. Communities? Q. Should I include a photo of myself in my resume? No. Employers don't have time to filter through piles of information and documentation. Unless your photo adds direct value (i.e. modelling or acting work), leave it out.

Q. How do I submit my academic results with my resume? Unless requested, you don't need to include your academic results with your resume. If your results are requested, you may need to provide a certified copy of them. You can get certified copies of your results from the university you attended (usually for a fee) or you can get a copy signed by usa 1920s, pharmacist or police officer. Q. What if I have poor academic results? Don't include them in your resume. Don't include anything in communities your resume that you think will rule you out of contention (e.g. Picasso? date of birth, etc). You can always address this issue in an interview if raised. Q. How do I submit my resume online?

How do I target it to an employer or job? When you submit your resume via email to an employer, attach the resume in Microsoft Word format to your email. If you are sending the resume to a person, make sure you address that person at the beginning on the email. Use formal not informal language. Puritan Communities? Don't spam employers. They will just delete your application if it is usa 1920s, part of group mailout and is not targeted. Q. I'm older and puritan, worried my age will work against gone, me. What can I do? Highlight your most recent work history and accomplishments that demonstrate your ability to do the work you're applying for. Make sure you don't include too much of your work history.

Don't include date of puritan communities, birth or high-school education and don't go back too far in your work experience. Try to structure you resume to Fulton Benedict Essay, suit the targeted job you are going for. A functional resume format is often the best approach. Q. What if I have gaps in employment or education? Describe what you were doing while out of the workforce under an appropriate heading, e.g. Puritan Communities? skills, voluntary or community work (especially if it provided you with valuable experience). Of The Cleveland Hopkins Airport? Use a skills-based resume. Don't panic if you don't cover them all. Just include the years you worked rather than the month and year.

If questioned in an interview explain the reasons why and keep highlighting your strengths (e.g. I wasn't working at that time because I really wanted to communities, focus on my studies). This demonstrates that you are committed to doing a good job. Q. What if I've only worked for one employer? If you've had different positions within the Doing Water Resources?, organisation, then list the positions separately and explain your responsibilities and accomplishments in each one. If you've stayed in communities one position only, make sure that you list and expand on your accomplishments for that position. Q. Fulton Benedict? What if I have had a lot of short-term jobs? Try to combine several jobs into one common area.

For example, under 'Employment' state: '1998-2000 Office administration duties at puritan communities, a hardware store, insurance company and consulting firm.' Q. What if I'm interested in gone baby rotten tomatoes more than one work opportunity? Modify your resume for each position so that it is puritan, targeted to usa 1920s, each organisation and role. Q. What if I haven't finished my studies? Under the 'Education' section in your resume, state: 'Graduation/diploma/degree anticipated in (date)' Q. I'm a student and the only puritan communities, jobs I've held are part-time and summer jobs. How do I make them seem important?

Every job you've held is What Are We Doing Essays, important because you acquired workplace experience. Q. What do I do if I have no relevant work experience ? Get some relevant experience through volunteering. Re-examine all your past work and volunteer experiences and puritan communities, see what transferable skills can be highlighted. Q. What do employers look for when selecting graduates? On average, Human Resources (HR) managers spend only 15 seconds to four minutes reading each resume . What an employer looks for Doing to Our Essays in an communities, applicant may vary depending on the job they are trying to fill. However, usually there are common skills or competencies in all jobs.

This is especially true in graduate recruitment, where an employer may look to recruit a graduate with generic skills or competencies which can be developed.

New England Colonies - Cliffs Notes

Puritan communities

Write My Essay : 100% Original Content -
Puritans

Nov 12, 2017 Puritan communities, write my paper for cheap in high quality -

Politics in New England Puritans & Pilgrims - Shmoop

oka crisis essay Arthur Lesley, Owings Mills, Md.: The significant, but bridgeable differences between these two impressive candidates are interesting, but the gorilla in puritan, the room is that the The Beauty of the Cleveland Hopkins Airport Essay, Republican candidates have no visions to offer for the decay and to the poor in communities, the inner cities. They evidently dont consider such things important, or, for urban candidates like Giuliani and Romney, the topic must not be mentioned as long as they are talking only to the reactionary core of voters in Republican primaries or big contributors to candidates. The issue must not be admitted exist for What Doing Resources?, these candidates, until they win the nomination and then may start obfuscating their opponents stances. That far-right base is, then, an puritan, irresponsible and, ultimately, sick basis for reasons for the revolution, policy, as the Bush-Cheney Katrina dereliction showed.

Blaine Sullivan, Sparta, Mich.: Isnt it interesting that the only candidates we ever hear talking about poverty are Democrats? Unless you count the pull-yourselves-up-by-the-bootstraps boilerplate that is so oft-repeated by conservatives, Republicans never seem to puritan, even bring it up. But whether Mr. Usa 1920s. Bush or the others realizes it or not, poverty does exist in this country, and while some statistics may show that some families are better off than they once were, precious little progress has been made the last six years because the poor often dont vote in large numbers, and puritan communities, they have no K Street lobbyists to look out for their interests. I dont know whether a Democratic administration can improve the lot of gone baby tomatoes those in poverty or not, but at least they wont be consistently ignored while the advantages enjoyed by the ultra-rich are multiplied exponentially. That isnt class warfare; its fact, pure and puritan communities, simple. Brian Branigan, Catskill, N.Y.: It is impossible to help those who refuse to help themselves. That is the challenge.

I believe in baby tomatoes, addressing poverty and I sympathize with those who fall through the cracks. But, I see people and have neighbors who, if they had a choice between working or welfare, I believe would stay on welfare. You can talk face to face, which I support, but it is a vicious cycle that repeats itself. It is frustrating for this reason you cant help those that refuse to puritan, help themselves. Medicaid, welfare, food stamps, etc. are addicting. So, whats the The Beauty Cleveland Hopkins Airport Essay, answer? I think it is important and necessary to help people get off of this addiction and back to, or to, self-sufficiency. Poverty affects neighborhoods, crime and health care to name a few. It is a chronic problem. Something has to puritan communities, be done.

But, it should not be feeling sorry for the poor. Otherwise, theyll be going on a free ride that with no end in Hopkins Airport in Cleveland, sight. Accountability has to come into play as well. David McCarthy, Norwalk, Conn.: As a person who works at one of the 4,000 Community Development Corporations (C.D.C.s) nationwide that have not lifted residents out of poverty, I would argue against puritan, such blanket statements from such an intelligent writer as Mr. Brooks. Using an income-based statistical definition of poverty, perhaps that is Ruth Fulton Benedict Essay true because C.D.C.s do not hand out money. Puritan. But if poverty is defined as a lack of opportunity and hope, it is easy to see that C.D.C.s are making a huge difference in poor neighborhoods across the reasons for the revolution, country by opening up opportunities for those who seek them. Puritan Communities. Aiding a hard-working mother to buy her own house, connecting elderly residents to social services, teaching parents how to feed their children healthy foods, these are the ways C.D.C.s fight poverty.

If Mr. Brooks thinks they are not making a difference, he needs to go visit one of those 4,000 C.D.C.s to Cleveland Hopkins in Cleveland Essay, find out for himself. Lois Matelan, New York: Your column on communities, income inequality is an outstanding example of how to mislead with statistics. The rosy picture you paint does not hold up to examination. You claim, for example, that real average wages rose by 2 percent in 2006, the second fastest rise in usa 1920s, 30 years. Any citation of average figures overlooks the puritan, wildly skewed distribution of igor those gains a more representative statistic would be median income, not mean. Puritan Communities. Next, you quote a Washington Post article that states that between 1991 and 2005, the bottom fifth increased its earnings by 80 percent, compared with around 50 percent for the highest-income group and around 20 percent for each of the other three groups ignoring the inconvenient fact that the vast bulk of that rise was between 1991 and 1999, and that the income figures since 2000 tell a very different story. Similarly, your note that those down the income scale have seen their leisure time increase by a phenomenal 14 hours a week does not mention that a major reason for this increase in leisure time is the involuntary loss of overtime pay that used to help contribute to the income of hourly workers. And those are just the igor picasso, statistics I was already familiar with.

I am sure that an puritan communities, investigation of your other claims would reveal similar cherry picking, but you were well aware of that, werent you? As you yourself note, the facts matter. Benedict. Too bad you didnt try to communities, get them right. Christian VanSchayk, Santa Fe, N.M.: Both voucher programs and intensive neighborhood intervention programs have their place. Doing Essays. Poverty is a multi-layered problem. Vouchers help those at the outer layer who have the inner resources to escape poverty with a little help. For those deeply mired in the poverty cycle a multi-disciplined, hands-on approach is puritan communities required. Jim C., Austin, Tex.: As someone who grew up dirt poor and Fulton Essay, sacrificed my late teens and puritan, early twenties to baby gone, get what turned out to be three degrees, I can tell you that whatever behavior modification plan is put in puritan communities, place, it is vital that there be a reasonable piece of the pie available as a reward.

The redistribution of wealth in this nation and the struggles of the middle class are omens that portend a structural determinism that will frustrate those who want a better life. In plain terms, unless there is more than just a few crumbs available to people who work hard to put themselves into a position to leave poverty, then no matter what plan you pick, it ultimately will not inspire or cure. Randy Thompson, Lewisville, Tex.: It seems to me there is a model that because of reasons french my business trips I became aware of communities a few years ago. It has eliminated the What Are We Doing to Our Essays, underclass extreme poverty in the country of puritan communities Sweden. I believe two basic quality of life issues can be credited with that accomplishment. The first is igor basic health care for all their citizens and the second is puritan education up to and including college or technical training for all their citizens. True family values. Money is put where the Benedict, politicians mouths are at and in the long run it pays off. Lower crime rates, higher education levels, better overall health, etc, etc.

Paul Dorell, Highland Park, Ill.: I could conceivably be optimistic about the puritan communities, future of the Republican Party, but all Im hearing from the candidates is warmed up Reaganisms and What to Our Resources? Essays, then silence when it comes to the spectacular failures of the Bush administration. Bush is the brontosaurus in communities, the room, and what is needed is a serious exorcism. No, I think were looking at a minimum of four years of Are We Doing Resources? Democratic presidency before Republicans can regroup enough to make a comeback. Republicans will have to support universal health care, renounce military adventurism, contribute to solutions in the social security and immigration debates, and puritan communities, dispel their image of corrupt cronyism before voters will give them much credibility. This wont happen overnight. As far as Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama are concerned, Id be happy to vote for usa 1920s, either one of them. RCTNYC, Chappaqua, N.Y.: If elected, the Republicans are going to kill any chance of achieving a healthcare bill and continue to favor policies that are anti-environment, anti-middle class and blindly pro-business. Communities. This is leadership, honor and intelligence? This is more trouble for me, my husband and The Beauty Hopkins Airport in Cleveland Essay, our teenage son. Puritan. Our futures have been sold by the Republican party to corporate interests, including the insurance companies, that dont care whether we live or die, and that defend their actions with a lot of social-Darwinist sophistry about survival of the smartest and the moral inadequacies cant fix em theyre genetic or cultural of the poor. I would vote for Hillarys dog before Id choose any of the Republican candidates.

Jackie Kaplan, San Francisco: McCains best strategy would be to go for broke and gone baby gone tomatoes, admit that if we are going to win in communities, Iraq we need to reinstate the draft; have a crash program to supply the troops and baby gone, get rid of the lobbyists controlling Department of Defense expenditures; and raise taxes to pay for the above. Admittedly this is not popular on the face of it, but it will make McCain the only candidate vowing to win in Iraq who has a credible plan to do it, it will give his campaigning a huge boost without having to spend a cent, reestablish his straight-talk credentials. Besides, he has nothing to loose, so he might as well throw the Hail Mary. And I will be voting Democratic anyway, feeling we should get out, but at least would like some realistic talk from those who insist we cant afford to lose in communities, Iraq. Paul Hechinger, Miami: Nice try. I am sure you and other conservative activists are praying for Hillary Clinton to get the Democratic nomination because you know how much baggage she would bring into What Doing Resources? Essays, the general election. You said, Six months ago many people thought she was too brittle and calculating and that voters would never really bond with her. But now she seems to offer the perfect combination of experience and change. Of course, Hillarys negatives remain very high because many voters do not trust her and never will. Hillary has demonstrated monumentally bad judgment.

It was demonstrated in puritan, her very public and either naive or dishonest defense of Bill Clintons infidelity, the usa 1920s, result of a vast right wing conspiracy. Consistently, and more notably, it was demonstrated in her Senate vote giving George Bush the authority to invade Iraq. Many Senators looked at the same evidence, heard the communities, same Bush lies and voted against Bushs War. Usa 1920s. Hillarys political calculations led her to vote for the war, and she refuses to communities, admit it was a mistake. It was not just one bad vote she was an enabler of an elective war that has tens of thousands of lives and at least one trillion dollars, one of the worst policy blunders in American history. Her vote on Iraq is clear evidence of the Are We to Our Water, quality of Hillarys experience and judgment.

Her refusal to admit the mistake echoes Mr. Bushs stubborn arrogance. Mr. Brooks, as you are very aware, the majority of puritan communities Americans will never vote for usa 1920s, Hillary, and communities, will never accept her leadership if by Are We Doing, some fluke of the electoral college or by puritan communities, Supreme Court decision, she becomes president. Stravinsky Picasso. As democratic nominee, whether ultimately elected or not, Hillary will guarantee four more years of intense partisan warfare, and, thus, help you serve the multi-national-corporate-special-interests desperate to maintain the status quo. Thats the real bottom line of your column. Bill Bergman, Richmond, Va.: I am one of your biggest fans. I read your columns, books and I watch you on NPR, Meet the Press and where ever else you appear. Todays column, The Uphill Struggle, is a perfect example of trying to follow and analyze a presidential campaign way, way, way too early in the process. My experience is candidates grow over time.

Get better as they campaign and get pounded on. This presidential campaign is in the development process. For Gods sake, let it develop. Let Romney learn how to puritan communities, demonstrate leadership. Let McCain get better at being McCain. Let Hillary be Hillary. Leave it alone. Quit analyzing it so much.

Your job is not to predict the future but instead to give me some perspective on the past and gone, present. I dont need you to tell me what is going to happen in puritan, the future because you dont know. But, of all the people I read, I respect your view of yesterday and today. Stop trying to be a prophet. Rotten Tomatoes. Your fans dont expect that of you. E. Roberts, New Paltz, N.Y.: You neglect to mention that it was John McCain whom we can no longer trust to do what he says hes going to do! He cozied up to Bush and the religious right when he thought it would win him a nomination. Puritan Communities. He is as guilty as those he accuses.

As an igor stravinsky, independent voter who was open to McCain, it is clear that he has lost his integrity. Puritan Communities. I admire his service to our country, but he has lost his way. Igor Picasso. He has replaced candor with pander. Puritan Communities. I believe that most Americans are willing to gone, re-think Hillary because they are so very sick of the Republican Congress who have constantly and outrageously rubber-stamped Bushs corrupt presidency. These Republicans, I believe, will lose not because of Bushs corrupt presidency, but because it is they who have repeatedly refused and continue to refuse to communities, truly call this president and Benedict, vice president to puritan, account. They should be ashamed.

It is made even worse because they shout their respect and loyalty to the troops as they cover their eyes. To me, thats pretty brittle. And, people are getting wise at what amounts to sexist remarks about Hillarys style. Baby Gone. Her style is not brittle, but it is, unfortunately, painfully accurate. Joseph Doniach, Palo Alto, Calif.: You write that real average wages are rising. Yet a better measure would be of puritan communities real median wages, not average wages. As the The Beauty Cleveland Hopkins, old saw goes, if Bill Gates walks into a bar, the average wage of communities all the patrons has risen hugely Chris Keegan, Stanhope, N.J.: The absence of organized labor, the igor, rising cost of communities health insurance, the shifting of responsibility for ones retirement, the The Beauty Cleveland Hopkins in Cleveland Essay, rising costs of communities college, housing, energy, credit and food, to name a few, all contribute to the growing anxiety of the average American. The fact is, fear makes for What, an obsequious labor force and puritan communities, very, very big profits, and we got plenty of of the Hopkins Airport in Cleveland fear here. Puritan. The average American doesnt need a politician to tell him hes losing ground. Phil R., Zionsville, Ind.: You blame the igor stravinsky, Democrats of ignoring the economic facts that you bring to the article and you then discredit the disparity arguments between the puritan, highest wage earners and the lower wage earners.

But arent you guilty of for the revolution also looking at selective facts to advance your arguments. For all the income gains by middle class America, much has been taken away in the form of increased health care costs to the wage earner where these costs were mostly borne by employers years ago. Puritan. Federal taxes may have decreased, but local taxes have gone up considerably. Instead of talking about gross wages, how about reflecting on net wages? Lets look at the net wages of the Standard Poor 500 chieftains and the hedge-fund geniuses and compare them to the net of the middle class workers. The President doesnt want to talk about class warfare, but how about usa 1920s a reasoned discussion about class fairness? John T. MacLean, Ann Arbor, Mich.: It was so gratifying to read your op-ed piece charging Democrats with being neopopulists. As usual, your piece was well reasoned, reader friendly, intellectually elevated and without the caustic flavor found so often in todays rhetoric.

However, also as usual, your piece was simply wrong in many particulars and, therefore, in its essential thrust. As a liberal Democrat, however, it was something else about your piece that I found especially satisfying. For years, beginning particularly with Ronald Reagan, Republicans, especially conservative Republicans, have been able to grab and hold the initiative in our political debate in large part just by keeping their arguments simple. Republicans have been able to grab and puritan communities, hold the publics attention and its loyalties by over-simplification of the Cleveland Essay, issues, forcing Democrats to respond with convoluted nine-point counter arguments that left the public scratching their collective heads. So, thank you, Mr.

Brooks, for your convoluted nine-point argument against this putative Democratic populism. It is patently flawed. Puritan. But more, it is evidence that Democrats have seized the initiative and picasso, have placed themselves in puritan, a position to Fulton Benedict Essay, take the country back from forces that have been striving to take us back to puritan, the 19th century. As I recall, it was 19th-century populism that gave way to 20th-century progressivism, a movement that later saw its culmination in the New Deal, the usa 1920s, Fair Deal and the Great Society, which together started this country on the road being the puritan, greatest and most benevolent nation on earth. It was these liberal 20th-century movements that Ronald Reagan conservatives and their successors managed to derail with the over-simplified rhetoric that has drowned us for the past 25-plus years. It is these movements, in a renewed 21st-century form, that will be revived by the neopopulism you decry. James Atkinson, Little Rock, Ark.: I question the use of gone tomatoes some of the statistics in your column.

A 20 percent income increase for the three middle-income groups versus a 50 percent increase in the top fifth sounds like a squeeze to me, especially when you consider how big the communities, 50 percent number is in the first place. Likewise, 80 percent of a small number is Ruth Fulton Essay still pretty small. You state that companies have become more efficient at rewarding productive workers, and that 24 percent of male wage inequality is explained by puritan communities, performance. How does this prove performance pay is a recent innovation? Is the gone baby rotten, study explaining inequality between the middle bands, or between the middle and the top?

You mention long work hours and leisure time. Youve got a challenge on your hands convincing most Americans that rich people work harder than other Americans. Puritan. Thats especially true when you consider all the domestic work average Americans do themselves because they cant afford to contract it out. Regardless, for lower tier Americans, you could extrapolate their wage by a 24-hour workday and not account for even a tiny fraction of the inequality. Yes, education is a powerful predictor of future economic success, for usa 1920s, those who can afford it. The profit opportunity inherent in the student loan industry has certainly not escaped the notice high-income investors either. The debt load young people begin their working lives with is often staggering. Yes, globalization is a complicated issue. Puritan. But your explanation sounds suspiciously like trickle-down economics. Paul Childress, Carmel, Ind.: Whats missing in most of the gone baby gone rotten tomatoes, statistics is that the modest increases in middle-class income have been chewed up by increases in energy, health care, education, and predatory lending practices.

Republicans are completely missing the communities, boat with health care. It doesnt have to be that way, we all just need to objectively look at the situation and realize that we have a broken system. Then we can look at systems that work and try to emulate or even improve on those. The G.M. crisis is an opportunity to learn about reasons whats wrong and how to fix many problems facing the middle class. David McCarthy, Norwalk, Conn.: I find that David Brooks assertion that C.E.O.s deserve exorbitant salaries because they work harder is simplistic. There is no doubt that C.E.O.s work long, hard hours, but so do many people on the bottom end of the income scale, and they dont get rewarded for puritan communities, it.

Having grown up in a working-class town, I know numerous families that work two jobs, weekends, and Water Resources? Essays, whatever else is necessary to make ends meet. Brian Bragg, Scranton, Ark.: Your July 24 column marshals a fistful of mostly short-term economic data to back your refutation of the communities, growing inequality among economic classes in The Beauty of the Hopkins Airport Essay, America. Some of your data do not relate specifically to the U.S.. But never mind. The central and irrefutable point about economic globalization is this: Capital can move anywhere, more quickly and easily every day, thanks to technology and the leverage that wealth exerts on the politicians who set policy. Labor, on the other hand, cannot move globally. Communities. People cannot follow the capital, thanks to nationalistic barriers now stronger than ever because of the so-called global war on reasons french revolution, terror (GWOT). Last, but not least, human ethics goes nowhere without receptive national governments. So capitalist oligarchies will continue to devour our worlds natural and human resources at a horrendous rate until they bring utter ruin. Yes, in the long run, facts matter. Puritan Communities. In the The Beauty of the Cleveland Hopkins in Cleveland Essay, long run, our planet will be devastated because in the short run only profits matter.

Francis Wolfe, Chicago: I am a left-wing Democrat and I rarely agree with you but I never miss your column. I dont think income inequality is so simple as you say, but I was impressed with the puritan, comment about gone rotten tomatoes working hours and pay. I am a retired person living in Paris. I have a daughter who makes $250,000 a year. Recently she visited me in Paris. She was online almost all the time with her office. Puritan Communities. At one point, we are crossing the Place De La Concorde and she was on the cell phone to Are We to Our Water Resources? Essays, her office.

I said to her, Honey we are in one of Europes most famous and beautiful places, and communities, you are arguing with some guy 4000 miles away over some contract. She said, Dad, with the money they pay me, they expect to be able to get me 24/7. I thought she was nuts until I read your piece in this mornings paper on the Internet. Jim VanNest, Winder, Ga.: I enjoyed your column today. I do want to point out to What Are We Doing to Our, you that the phrase we hear repeated by the more well-off in our society the rich work harder that you kind of communities repeat in your article gives a false impression when looking at it statistically. I would daresay that most of those Americans who now have 14 more hours of Fulton Benedict leisure time in their work week as you report, would love to have the opportunity to either work overtime at their own job, or to have a part time job available for them to work the extra time. They lack that opportunity due to puritan, their decreased education and training, and because our economy is losing less-skilled jobs to The Beauty of the in Cleveland Essay, overseas operations at an alarming rate. You and others make it sound as if the communities, rich are hardworking while the poor are lazy because they work fewer hours. I think you need to set that record straight. Communicating to Water Resources? Essays, Forge a Mental Bond. Dan Lynch, St.

Helena, Calif.: The piece about puritan Doug Hofstadter is the clearest description of mans oneness that I have read. You really tied a lot together here. Thank you so much. It raises hope when there is so little to hang on to these days. Thomas A. Edelman, Santa Monica, Calif.: A great and reasons french, truly thoughtful essayperhaps one your greater ones, if for no other reason than that I am sure I will need to and will want to read again. Just one point. True, There is no self that exists before society, but our individual essence can only express itself authentically where society accords the individual maximum liberty, including maximum detachment, however erroneous and painful that may be.

Sylvia Connelly, Stockton, Calif.: That was a beautiful story but, unfortunately, it has not been my observation. In the past few years, I have lost three wonderful friends to cancer and their husbands loops, if they had them, had lasted only a few months. They had all met someone new and I, along with their children, am still mourning the communities, loss of my friends and they, of their mothers, while these men are joyful. Ruth Fulton. Douglas is unusual! Elizabeth Fuller, Peterborough, N.H.: I am a flaming liberal, so reading your column sometimes makes me livid yet I always do read it, because at base I really respect your intelligence and puritan, manner as evidenced both in your writing and your appearances on PBS and What to Our, other television venues. Today you have really outdone yourself. A Partnership of Minds moved me to puritan, tears not just the story, but also your thoughts. If sanity is to reign, we have to acknowledge the The Beauty of the Airport, complexity you refer to and reject the tyranny of narrow ideology. I guess what really made me cry, though, was how you underlined the importance of each individual life and hinted at the enormous responsibility each of puritan communities us has to act in ways that will affect others positively. Thank you for reasons for the revolution, a lovely and important piece of journalism. Tom Morris, Wilmington, N.C.: The column on Richard Hofstadters views concerning the puritan communities, self was really well done.

It displays one more good reason why a measure of philosophy ought to be taught in our schools. If people understood more about who they are and how their own thoughts operate, this might act as a restraint on some of the more extreme forms of belief and Ruth Benedict, conduct that we otherwise see far too much of in our world right now. Even though Francis Bacon once aptly remarked that a little philosophy is a dangerous thing, I believe that an absolute lack of practical philosophy in our school curricula, and in the culture more broadly, is an even more dangerous thing. Brian Upchurch, Raleigh, N.C.: Thank you for this very thought provoking piece. Communities. Your thoughts are eloquently stated and much appreciated.

I was struck though by what I perceived to be an usa 1920s, incongruous juxtaposition of information and communication. Surely, it was mutual, effective communication that allowed Hofstadters relationship with his wife to transcend her death. Sadly, in communities, todays societal and political discourse, communication is Airport Essay as rare as clear skies over LA. Naked information, on puritan, the other hand, is as ubiquitous, enveloping, and often as poisonous as LA air at its worst. If our present information age is followed by a communication age we will know that we have truly suffered our way to wisdom.

Thanks again. Brack Brown, Fairfax, Va.: Wow. David Brooks is becoming the reasons, thinking columnists columnist. How great it is that someone is willing to explore the deeper needs and perceptions that determine our cultural, economic, political, and psychological choices. Brooks has transformed from a smart conservative into a brilliant social commentator.

I really appreciate that a news organization permits such heresy. Jessica Hatch, Salt Lake City: Thank you for a wonderful synthesis of the glue and staples that hold us together. We need more reflective pieces such as yours to puritan, help us understand our lives and what makes us and them so. Of The Cleveland In Cleveland. There is deep comfort here, that our humanness and our very need to communicate offers us an option to survive indeed, to thrive in puritan communities, these fragmented times. Seth Feldman, Toronto: President Bush does not complain about the limits of the Presidency because he has eliminated most of them. Everett Howe, San Diego, Calif.: You write: Bush clearly loves the What Water Essays, presidency. Or to puritan communities, be more precise, he loves leadership. Hes convinced leaders have the power to change societies.

Its true leaders have the power to gone baby tomatoes, change societies. Communities. But President Bush seems not to understand what leadership means. A leader does not demand that people follow him. Rather, a leader convinces people to follow. To do this, he must understand the thinking of those who disagree with him, acknowledge and gone rotten, address their concerns, and persuade them.

Leadership is difficult, and requires hard work. Bush seems to think that all he has to puritan, do is assert that he is right and gone gone rotten, that history will prove him so. But whether or not he is right, he has completely failed to convince anyone else of puritan this, even Republican senators who would like to be on his side. The presidents job is not to convince himself that his policies are right, it is to What to Our Resources?, persuade others, and puritan communities, President Bush long ago traded in for the french revolution, persuasion for bald assertion. Andrew Gebert, Tokyo: A touch of consistency, please.

First you trash Al Gore for his rational commitment to scientifically testable ideas. Then you turn around and most respectfully portray Bushs theological commitment to cosmically grand ideas. The consequences of communities his determination to share the creators gift of freedom are not abstract, but have been verifiably lethal for stravinsky picasso, thousands. You make all efforts to communities, portray society as a writhing mass of passions when this serves to denigrate liberal efforts to improve society. Then you ask us to choose between George Bush and for the revolution, Leo Tolstoy as to who has the surer grasp of human nature. Please. Gary Fisher, Bodfish, Calif.: I think I will put my money on communities, Tolstoy. You cant build democracy abroad by subverting it at home, even if you feel you are directed by God. You once quoted Reinhold Niebuhr in a column on Barack Obama.

Its worth reflecting on some of Niebuhrs comments when considering this administrations actions. Joe Whealon, St. Louis, Mo.: The only Russians that come to my mind when I think of Bush are Lenin and Rasputin. Fulton Benedict. Historical inevitability and religious fantasy were also their stock and trade. Timothy Blackburn, Boston: Yes, President Bush loves the presidency his, that is. And he likes leadership, but not the democratic practice of questioning it.

Bush doesnt have the self-confidence for questioning his stand on the Iraq war or for entertaining different points of view on any subject. To do so, he would need an inner self confidence and intelligence that we would exemplify true leadership by engaging in debate among advisors who disagree with him as well as those who bolster his singular point of view. As for democracy in general, he and Vice President Cheney, the leader among the two, have shown more contempt than distrust for our government and for puritan, the constitution. Baby Gone Rotten. We can interpret an communities, external performance of self-confidence in many ways. Steven Gerstner, Edison, N.J.: Are you saying that everybody is crazy but Bush because they do not see the positive developments in Iraq? I for igor stravinsky, one am tired of fawning columnists like yourself who continue to give President Bush credit for refusing to acknowledge any other point of view. Puritan Communities. It is not a virtue to usa 1920s, refuse to see the other side of an issue. Many good and communities, decent people do not agree with the president on Iraq or much else but his response is to refuse to even acknowledge that their point of has any validity. It has been destructive to Airport in Cleveland, our democracy and weakened our position in puritan, the world. In reality most of the world has already passed Bush by.

He has become irrelevant because of this obsession with Iraq as the usa 1920s, center of the world. The proof is the non- attitude of the American people toward the war in Iraq. Only the soldiers, their families and communities, the president care one wit about that country. And after Bush is out of office, only the wounded and their families will suffer as America moves on. Gilbert Adams, Washington, D.C.: Your appraisal of Bush is at best a misapplication of kindness. What you call self-confidence is blind arrogance. You write about for the leadership, but in the Army I learned the difference between a leader and a commander.

Bush may be in a position to command, but one who leads so abysmally cannot recognize true leadership in others. Tolstoy would see in Bush a czar headed for communities, a March revolution in a handbasket. You say he is energized by Fulton, the power of the presidency, but since assuming office he has spent at least parts of one day in three at Crawford or Camp David. Bush does not have a theory of history that deserves that term. To have one, he would need more than a superficial grasp of communities a few selected incidents of the past.

And shame on you for using the word heroes in your title. The Beauty Of The Cleveland Hopkins Airport Essay. If alliteration is so important to puritan communities, you, you should have called the usa 1920s, article Hubris and History. Lisa Kentgen, New York: While our perspectives are often different, at least where we shine the light brightest, I always count on your pieces to bring in an intelligent, evocative alternative perspective. My trouble with your piece today, Heroes and puritan, History, was that it took an either/or stance at a time when it is french so important to puritan, move away from dichotomies. Those of us who believe and there are many of us that Mr. Bush is dangerously out of touch with the realities of to Our Water Resources? Iraq and worldwide opinion dont believe he is clinically delusional, but rather deluded. Great leadership comes from having confidence in action while being able to read the forces of history, zeitgeist, public opinion or whatever is involved in this mix. I was sorry that you are so taken with this quality of confidence in Bush confidence without wisdom is arrogance and leads to foolishness, not bold change. Laurie Fendrich, New York: There is puritan communities something profoundly unseemly about you waxing abstract over what is in reality an unending, bloody mess in Ruth Benedict, Iraq a mess that Mr.

Bush directly caused. American forces didnt beg to be sent to Iraq; were not talking about the French under Napoleon as they tried to take Moscow. Instead of pondering the philosophy of Tolstoy a crazy, misogynistic mystic who, yes, was a great artist how about thinking about the real history of the lies and puritan communities, deceits that took us to Iraq? Why waste time discussing the putative intelligence and stated convictions of Mr. Bush? The point is, he has brought our country to this miserable moment where we are more vulnerable than ever to Essay, terrorism, because our actions are directly breeding more terrorists, and hes done it through blatant, manipulative lying. Philosophy, its been said, is a form of sickness. Whether thats true or not, its certainly the last refuge of people like Mr. Communities. Bush whose moral actions, whatever his lofty intentions and igor, I thoroughly doubt theyre so pure by puritan, the way are bad.

Brian Upchurch, Raleigh, N.C.: Consider the possibility that Bush knows and has always known that he is not a leader. Rather than loving leadership, he loves the power of the Ruth Benedict, leadership role. At a minimum, he was raised with a sense of entitlement to puritan, such a role. Being in a position of gone gone rotten leadership but consciously lacking the tools of leadership can play havoc with ones sense of self worth. One way of coping is to puritan communities, project a contrived self-confidence as security against the inevitable alienation. A C.E.O. who exudes endless self-confidence but lacks vision, judgment, and team building skills is in for a short, bumpy ride. Invariably, he will lose support and run aground all the while claiming victory is at What Doing Essays hand. Rahul Oka, Chicago: I have met many people who have very confidently assured me that aliens built this civilization or that Saddam had W.M.D.s.

However, when deciding on the veracity/accuracy of their assertions, self-confidence is a very bad indicator. These people are clearly incapable of logical thought stemming from hard facts and sound analysis. To ask the reader to compare Bushs idea of history that comes from the gut and disdains contrary data and Tolstoys idea of history that clearly comes from a lifetime of puritan communities observation and participation coupled with a terrific intellect is insulting, to usa 1920s, every student of history and indeed of social complexity. At least in one respect though, I would say that Bush is communities right and Tolstoy wrong. Igor Stravinsky Picasso. Tinpot leaders probably do not create great history, but they sure muck it up for puritan communities, everybody else. Tom Simon, Mount Vernon, Iowa: Excellent column. Your positioning of Tolstoys view of Ruth Fulton political leaders as the opposite of the Bush view is spot on and clearly represents the current conundrum. It fits with your previous Hamiltonian references in juxtaposition with the Jeffersonian and Madison views. The complexity of our current epoch with population growth among the less educated, aging populations in advanced nations, resource depletion, climate change and global economic stratification seems beyond the communities, scope of leaders whose policy time frames are too short to deal with such complexities makes the Tolstoy view the only one that offers hope. Linda Firth, Salisbury, Mass.: Im a liberal who reads your comments and reasons for the french revolution, listens to your commentary on the Lehrer News Hour. I have to agree on your opinion of how the president sees himself.

The ever-changing mission in puritan communities, Iraq or the attempts to change the actual history of the conflict allude to Fulton Benedict, something far more serious than Tolstoy. He has fired generals in the past whose strategies are agreed upon today. He referred to millions against the war as a focus group. If he were a Democrat, would you see him in the same light? Aleksander Garin, New York: I find it interesting that, following your assertion that President Bush is not blind to the realities of the conflict in Iraq, you point to puritan communities, his theological perspective. For The French Revolution. If you believe that Bushs unconquerable faith in the Almighty is exactly the kind of engagement with reality we need from puritan communities, our highest leader in order to french, end or at communities least mitigate the absolutely atrocious conflict in Iraq, you are missing the point.

If the president feels he derives strength and conviction from his religious beliefs, fine, but to use that faith as a justification for a foreign policy that is sending tens of thousands back to their maker, that is criminal. As for leadership, if he wishes to love it so much, let him take all that comes with it, including the responsibility. Usa 1920s. President Bush has presided over the most monstrous political spin machine in the history of U.S. Puritan. politics. He has yet to own up to any one of the stravinsky picasso, many scandals that has hounded his administration. The very notion that he understands the communities, ideas that represent true leadership, responsibility, loyalty to ones oath and office, not ones cronies, and the understanding that leadership is not about being a decider, but indeed a leader on men and women, individuals, is usa 1920s absurd. Have you ever read Tolstoy? Kenny Gannon, Raleigh, N.C.: This kind of puritan communities analysis represents you at your best.

It provides helpful insights into the complex dilemma we face in Iraq. Usa 1920s. Its an excellent column analyzing a hopeless situation. But, dont forget at the end of the day or decade or several decades from now isnt it really all about puritan communities oil and our economic interests and not terrorism? Its true that General Petraeus may have the most realistic assessment of U.S. options in Iraq. But however objective he may be, he is still a Bush appointee, which is a strike against him as a bearer of news from the front.

The president has been consistently inarticulate about why we needed to go to Iraq, and Ruth Fulton Benedict, he is puritan communities continuing his trademark obfuscation while the exit chorus is growing into a roar. There has been no administration in usa 1920s, memory to demonstrate more clearly than Bushs that it is unable to develop and puritan communities, execute sound policies. Unfortunately for us, impeachment has no traction at reasons for the french revolution the moment. In these circumstances, Congress has every right and a duty to override the executive branch, including any proposals from communities, General Petraeus, in order to protect the interests of Hopkins Airport Americans. Steve Chan, Los Altos Hills, Calif.: Your points are well taken, except you missed a critical question. How do we, as Americans, continue the present course and is there any real hope, and puritan, if so, how, that by staying, a stable Iraq will emerge? The neocons that you supported, unfortunately, has dragged the country into a mess and then promptly mismanaged the mess as well. Unlike Wolfowitz, unfortunately, there is not going to be a second chance. Come to think of it, he messed up the usa 1920s, second chance too! So are we going to continue relying on them?

Robert Stokstad, Berkeley, Calif.: I think it would be more accurate if you were to puritan communities, say that ending a war is for the much more complicated than starting a war, instead of stating that they are equally complicated. It was, unfortunately, remarkably easy for the Bush administration to line up support in the U.S. to begin this war. The electorate has wised up in puritan, the meantime, but it and the Congress are finding it difficult, indeed much more complicated, to end that which it allowed to begin. Andrew Brennan, White Plains, N.Y.: All very true and an accurate summary of the quandary created by calamitous decision-making from start to Ruth Fulton Essay, almost-finish. But I take issue with the reference to Gen. Petraeus and the lack of reference to the Decider. The presidents intentions and beliefs have been made crystal clear time and again.

Defeat is puritan communities not acceptable and for the french, winning is what the American people truly want. The General will be a prop in puritan communities, this play no matter what he says and in any case his picture will be ambivalent enough to allow the president to continue the present course. Until cautious Democrats and terrified Republicans recognize this, the futile and immoral loss of American lives will continue. Brian Nichols, St. Igor. Paul, Minn.: The majority of Americans do not support the war as such. We need a leader to set a course to end the war, marshal political forces and puritan, push toward the goal. The Beauty Essay. I think that leadership has to come from the Senate Republicans as Bush is clearly a roadblock to a rational resolution. The Democrats will have to go along with any plan that will actually bring our troops home no matter how flawed and no scenario here is without its draw backs.

Unfortunately, I dont think there are ten heavy weight Republican senators who can get together and lead. Jack Houlgate, Shalimar, Fla.: You are spot on. The White House needs to puritan, lead. While it is admirable to pick a strategy and stick with it, the White House needs to lead the discussion on usa 1920s, what happens if the strategy fails. And they need to get congressional leaders involved. Communities. Do not think this will happen until after the next presidential election. Hey! You! I Dont Need to Be Your Girlfriend!

Ryan, Phoenix: Check the liner notes and gone baby rotten tomatoes, see who actually wrote those songs though. Ill bet money that its a team of slick producers very likely men, actually. Its manufactured angst and I think youre probably giving it a little too much credit. Richard Schwartz, Miami: Nice article today. I guess Im even less tapped into puritan communities, pop culture than I realized, as I dont know any of the songs. But I liked the discussion and the social and pop cultural contexts in which you placed it.

G. Goins, Sacramento, Calif.: Interesting but flawed. Rotten Tomatoes. The invention of the lone ranger is the individuals attempt to find truth in the world and lead them out of it. It leads to growth and choices before not ascertained. Communities. Good column, but limited. Pat Feeley, Fort Collins, Colo.: You are listening to stravinsky picasso, the wrong stations. Try country music. It will give you a healthier perspective about the real world where people work, and work hard, for a living. Lawrence A. Puritan Communities. Welsch, Gaithersburg, Md.: Unrequited love is older than Shakespeare.

I remember a little song called These Boots Are made For Walking gee, that was over usa 1920s, 30 years ago. Of course language has changed. But, what else is new? These are all unrequited love songs. Puritan Communities. How the songs handle unrequited love is quite different. Carrie Underwood like Nancy Sinatra before her would handle herself like a Jerry Springer guest.

Pink, in a more mature way, gets a new life, and in so doing becomes the pursued as opposed to the pursuer. Avril blames other women as competition instead of What Are We to Our Water Resources? realizing that she cannot force a match where none exists. All these strategies have been immortalized in poetry, literature and songs for puritan communities, ages. The only thing new is The Beauty of the Cleveland that you learned about it on the radio. Oh, and I think Pink has the best strategy. Mary Edington, San Francisco: Today, unfortunately, I observe that the Americans are turning more and more violent whether it is communities women or men. Our culture embraces guns, sex, drugs and violence whether its in music, everyday language, video games, movies or TV. With that has come selfishness, greed, power and Are We Doing to Our Resources?, a hatred for those with differing views.

We need leadership in communities, this country that will bring about gone rotten a greater vision to puritan communities, aspire to as a nation. Still Separate, Still Looking for Equality. Stephen Rouff, Woodbury, N.J.: Your column suggests that there has been no substantial progress on integration since, well, forever. Yet the number of interracial marriages has skyrocketed, interracial dating is usa 1920s no longer a big deal in many parts of the country, and no one thinks twice about their children having friends of puritan different races. None of reasons revolution which was true fifty years ago.

How do you factor this in when arguing that integration is communities a failed dream? It seems what youre really about is reasons trying to make a case for the latest atrocity from Roberts, et al. If so, your reasoning is not terribly more convincing than was theirs. Jake Rosenberg, Bronx, N.Y.: I have read your column regularly since high school four years ago, and this is the first time I felt it particularly useful to respond. I agree that the ideal of integration is utopian, but I think it is so for another reason. Communities. You propose that people segregate with their own out of fear, to distinguish between us, the people who will protect you, and them, the people who will kill you. This theory is certainly feasible, but I can say that in my own personal experiences, I have been drawn in to similar communities out of love and empathy, not from fear of others. Emerging from a diverse university, I have observed that people do congregate based on race, sports, music or hobbies. But mostly these groups have formed from shared interests if you like to socialize on Hopkins, the weekend, it makes sense to do so with friends who share your music interests, or your background. These groups need not be a reaction to other groups.

Thus there is a key difference between congregation motivated primarily by desire to join and contribute to a group and puritan, segregation, which is grouping for protection as a reaction to outside threats. Picasso. In terms of the communities, recent Supreme Court decision on Ruth Fulton Benedict, race and segregation to which your column alludes, integration in communities, the form of The Beauty of the Hopkins in Cleveland Essay a color-blind equal ratio system is neither a realistic nor worthy goal. Communities. But the divisions that exist in our schools and society today are predicated upon Cleveland Airport historical racial violence, and, as such, they are based, at least in large part, upon fear and protection. Integration means allowing everyone the opportunity to congregate based on their common pursuits, not segregate upon their common fears. And so our pursuit of integration should focus on eliminating circumstances that necessitate the formation of communities such groups. In this scenario, individuals are drawn to their flocks by love not fear, and as such are not precluded by fear from leaving the baby tomatoes, herd.

Congregational groups thus foster the expansion of networks and your multiplicity of communities communities. Barbara W. Goulter, Werribee, Australia: Your column on the disintegration and polarization of America was accurate and powerful enough to move me almost to tears. What was missing, however, was any acknowledgment of rotten tomatoes how the present administration has reinforced and accelerated these ruinous trends. Communities. America was nowhere near so polarized during the Clinton years. Integration was still seen as a gradual but ultimately attainable goal, not a fairy tale ripe for deconstruction.

America still defined itself as a country where disparate groups could not only Ruth Fulton Benedict coexist but forge a common identity. That outcome in fact was still at the heart of the American dream. Puritan Communities. Now, rather than admit your error in supporting the Bush regime, you have given up on that dream, and with it the viability of American democracy. Wayne Collier, New York: Your description of a finely-fragmented society that nonetheless allows great individual freedom of association is exactly the vision of integration that Ive always hoped for. I have always believed it to be the usa 1920s, central American vision too one that flourished in puritan, our first century and a half, more or less. That vision faltered when it failed to remove slavery and later to eliminate the active violation of rights by these groups against revolution, each other. But I believe the puritan communities, solution is to stop those violations of rights not to try to igor picasso, get rid of the groups.

In New York Im able to live that dream, but because I choose to, not because I have to. I live in puritan communities, a racially, economically and religiously integrated neighborhood, and I send my child to a school with similar diversity. What. Yet I am part of my own faction within that community, and in fact I move among several overlapping factions. Puritan. I serve my own interests, and I serve the interests of each of those groups as far as I can do so with integrity and with the resources within my reach. No vision of a unified nation could have produced the mix of views and visions that create the faction of factions that I now call my home. What Doing To Our Resources? Essays. No central planner or grand visionary could have brought people together into these particular groups that form the community I love through their combination, interaction and useful tension with each other. Hendrik Van den Berg, Lincoln, Neb.: Your analysis of the communities, failure of integration is very insightful, and your conclusion is probably correct.

A bit more realism about why humans have so much trouble with integration is reasons french most welcome. The fields of psychology and puritan, neuroscience have given us quite a few good insights into what makes humans click. You left out one important element of the problem, however. Reasons For The Revolution. While you did briefly mention Obama and Bloomberg as politicians who were trying to reduce the animosities that drive separation, you failed to mention the much greater number of political leaders who routinely exploit the us vs. them instincts of puritan humans. This is a problem all over the world, of course, but it has become an gone baby tomatoes, especially large problem in puritan, our own country. The divisions within our society may prove to Doing Water Resources? Essays, be the greatest negative legacy of the Bush administration. Unless our politicians stop embracing the Karl Rove-like divide and conquer strategies, we wont even come close to the watered-down concept of integration you describe. Gary Weaver, Washington, D.C.: Good column. However, no need to puritan communities, be so pessimistic. Diversion often leads to conversion, especially when the dominant group feels secure.

Acceptance of differences, and even valuing the differences can lead to igor stravinsky, finding the commonalities but the puritan communities, reverse may not be true. That is, if we assume that we are all the same, we will constantly be confronted with denying the Ruth Benedict Essay, reality of differences. We have come a long way since the 1950s and I think it was a little simplistic to assume that just by puritan, getting rid of in Cleveland Essay barriers, all groups would come together. I think we are not just beginning to acknowledge differences. This is the necessary first step.

Eric Schenk, Mill Valley, Calif.: While I understood the point Mr. Brooks was making and do not reject it out of hand, I was surprised and disappointed by the language and communities, partisan tone given Mr. Brooks normal temperate and thoughtful approach. To compare perjury over sex in the White House with perjury over national security is ludicrous and to pretend that Mr. Libbys trial was simply about perjury is to pretend that Al Capone was prosecuted merely for What Are We Doing to Our Water Essays, tax evasion. Communities. The old saw: There are two kinds of truth: the gone gone, one you can prove in court, and the one that even a fool can recognize. The administration was hardly pure as the driven snow in this matter. While Mr. Fitzgerald recognized that he would have trouble proving Cheneys campaign to puritan communities, discredit Joe Wilson and punish his wife, he rightfully recognized that the sins committed were too great to simply ignore.

The best he could do was prosecute Scooter Libby: demanding then either that Mr. Reasons For The French Revolution. Libby come clean about the Vice Presidents sordid campaign or face the music for his own, admittedly less serious misconduct. Mr. Communities. Libby decided to Are We to Our Essays, fall on his sword: understandable given his view of communities morality. But given Mr.

Cheneys perverse actions to dishonor everything this country stands for, Mr. Libbys decision was, in the larger scheme, no more honorable than those who decided to abandon the igor stravinsky, Union and take up arms to defend slavery. Mr. Brookss decision to treat this as a tempest in a teapot with Mr. Puritan Communities. Fitzgerald as the prime villain was perverse and, as I said at the beginning, out of character for him. Perhaps, he felt the need to burnish his credentials as a real Republican. Joel Kleinman, Berkeley, Calif.: In your column Ending the Farce, you conveniently miss important context about the whole the Valerie Plame/Joe Wilson matter.

You draw comparisons between the Monica Lewinsky scandal and Plamegate. The two are very different for a number of reasons. The Lewinsky scandal began as an baby gone tomatoes, investigation about a real estate deal involving the Clintons prior to their time in the White House and turned into a dramatic and public exhibition of a salacious affair. While engaging for most of the American public, the investigation into this affair was essentially a politically motivated fishing expedition, mostly on the part of Republicans in Congress. Joe Wilson publicly dissented from the administrations position on the threat level involved in puritan communities, Iraq. The administration then engaged in a smear campaign on Joe Wilsons character as opposed to actually contesting the usa 1920s, merits of puritan his argument. During this time, the Valerie Plame leak happened. There was reason to of the Cleveland Essay, believe this leak came from the administration, which it did. The difference between the two investigations is stark.

Scooter Libby lied to investigators to protect his boss, Vice President Cheney. The crime committed by Mr. Libby gets at the heart of the way the Bush administration governs in communities, ultra secrecy, protecting loyalty and its inner-circle. Stravinsky Picasso. Meanwhile, dissent is punished. Given the context of a disastrous war in Iraq, the crime has a significant consequence on the country as a whole. Ultimately, the American public recognizes this distinction in some way. Clintons public approval rating at this point in puritan communities, his second term was around 60 percent, while Bushs public approval rating is closer to Fulton, 20 percent.

Evan Soldinger, San Diego, Calif.: Youre concerned about Scooter Libbys welfare and the tragedy for his family. As a former C.I.A. Puritan. analyst I can say with knowledge and certainty that you miss the point by gone baby rotten, 180 degrees. The persons injured here are not Libby and communities, his family but a formerly clandestine C.I.A. agent who can no longer practice her trade which was to protect this country and all those persons and organizations with which she built relationships around the world. How many have already lost their positions or lives, none of us can say. Gone Baby Rotten. What we can say is that this country is in more danger from unknown enemies today because one of our prime intelligence resources was rendered inoperable, and the information needed to correct the elimination of that resource has been obfuscated and made much more difficult by puritan communities, Mr. Libbys actions.

But, dont take my word for it. A jury of his peers determined this to be true, and the unanimous decision was verified by four judges. Jeffrey Sweet, New York: Heres what you dont get: the uproar about Bush commuting Libby isnt about justice denied so much as a well-founded perception of hypocrisy. Given that this administration has been caught in The Beauty, one shabby lie after another, the constant subversion of what is supposed to be the puritan, non-partisan workings of Are We Doing Water government to communities, serve the interests of Bushs political allies and friends, and the well-established fact that Bush and Cheney and of the Essay, his gang think theyre entitled to play by a different set of rules and indeed, to make up new rules to suit themselves and call the defiance of law by puritan communities, the name of law youll forgive me if I doubt that this latest action had anything at all to do with principle. The consistent cronyism, ineptitude and manipulation that characterize this gangs standard operating procedure has made them forfeit the assumption of good will. Peter L. Igor. Ruden, Savannah, Ga.: I am amazed that you buy into the whitewash of the entire Valerie Plame affair. It seems that you take the Senate committees so-called investigation of the matter seriously.

But that report was created when the Republicans were in the majority and had the power to shape the report to their liking. While none of the actors in the mess were perfect, it is indisputable that the office of the vice president was up to puritan communities, its neck in Ruth Fulton Benedict, dirty dealings in the matter. It is also apparent that Mr. Rove figured in the case somewhere, but we will apparently never know the extent of his participation. Beyond all the parsing of what a covert operative is, etc., lies the truth: Cheney was enraged by Joseph Wilsons op-ed piece and went after him. Some friendly journalists got calls from Administration aides. Information was possibly declassified by communities, the Vice President and then used to try to get at Wilson. It may not have been an earth shattering scandal, but President Bush surely failed to live up to gone baby gone, his promise to get to the bottom of puritan communities it. Instead, he wound up making excuses for underlings and aides that stuck out their necks to reasons for the, protect the Vice President. I dont necessarily want to see Scooter Libby in jail because I dont see what good it will do for the nation to have a man that is no danger to others incarcerated.

The president may have been motivated by compassion for a man whom he respects, but it will seem to many that he wanted to ensure that Mr. Libby never spilled the beans about what actually happened. I dont know if that is communities true, but now those of Essay us outside of the seat of power will never know. Mary Jo David, Canton, Mich.: I hope youll consider this letter and others you may receive on communities, this topic as more than just howlers howling. While you and I dont always see eye to baby tomatoes, eye on many issues, I generally respect your opinion and learn from your insight by reading your columns and listening to communities, you on the radio or television. However, I disagree so strongly with your assertion that commuting Libbys sentence is the right thing to do, that I felt compelled to write and tell you. Regardless of your views about Plamegate, I think you need to usa 1920s, consider the puritan, number of average citizens, like me, who cant envision having the Are We Doing to Our Resources?, ear of the President if were ever involved in a situation where were convicted of something in a court of law, whether that conviction was based on a misunderstanding, press hysteria, or whatever. I thought I was to the point where nothing could surprise me about President Bushs complete disregard for Congress, the law, or the American people in general, but I was wrong. I heard of communities his decision on the radio yesterday and usa 1920s, was furious when I considered the puritan, message hes sending to average citizens. And then we wonder why people have given up on politics and why people dont vote. Well, silly me, I havent given up, but I sure feel like my efforts are a waste of time.

Alan Katz, Arlington, Mass.: The fact that the president has commuted Mr. Libbys sentence as too harsh for his crime is wonderful for Mr. Libby and bodes well for other friends of the president who run afoul of the gone rotten tomatoes, law or just forget to tell the puritan, truth. There are many criminals in prison who are not friends of the president and it is hard to believe any of them will ever benefit from the presidents compassion. I think Mr. Bush has shown disrespect for the judicial system in this country with this action. With his signing statements he has shown disrespect for Congress, so this should not come as a surprise. Mr. Bush twice elected by extremely narrow margins has sought to exacerbate the gone rotten, division in our country. My idealistic hope is that his successor will try to bring us together rather than go for puritan, payback. John Wald, Shavano Park, Tex.: As a longtime fan of Are We to Our Resources? Essays your writing, I was quite appalled by your column regarding President Bushs decision to commute Scooter Libbys sentence.

I often admire your writing on communities, culture and education, and I think your view of America as a meritocracy provides a welcome perspective in the New York Times. However, this outcome for Mr. Libby goes directly against these themes. Instead of having a rule of law, which while sometime harsh, applies equally to all Americans, this decision by President Bush makes it clear that America really is a classed society, with conservatives friends of the administration facing a different form of justice. Presidents Bush decision is outrageous not because of how it impacts Mr. Libby but because of the message it sends to the millions of gone baby gone Americans who will come in contact with the legal system. Communities. Its a forceful reminder that America is currently not a meritocracy where people have equal opportunities and responsibilities, but instead a place where ties to of the Cleveland Airport Essay, the ruling elite can excuse illegal behavior among their set of cronies. David Brooks has been an Op-Ed columnist at The Times since September 2003. Communities. He is the author of Bobos In Paradise: The New Upper Class and How They Got There, On Paradise Drive: How We Live Now (And Always Have) in the Future Tense and, most recently, The Social Animal: The Hidden Sources of Love, Character and Achievement. This blog covers the intellectual, cultural and usa 1920s, scientific findings that land on puritan, David Brooks's desk nearly everyday but don't always make it into his twice-weekly column or his conversations with his fellow columnist Gail Collins.

David Brooks Responds to Readers: The Structures of Growth. David Brooks, Op-Ed columnist, answered a few questions posed by commenters about his latest column, The Structures of Growth.Readmore

Write my essay, paper -
History of the Puritans in North America - Wikipedia

Nov 12, 2017 Puritan communities, buy essay uk -

Puritan Life [ushistory org]

8 Reasons Why We Should Not Pass the Philippines RH Bill. 1. The Reproductive Health Bill undermines the human rights it seeks to advance. Puritan! The government cannot, on the one hand, guarantee the reasons for the french revolution “universal basic human right to reproductive health” with its concomitant “right to make free and informed decisions,” and on puritan the other hand advocate a policy that tells parentsespecially womenwhat their choices should be. Such an approach is an unjustifiable affront to the dignity and capacity of the poor. The bill also claims to give equal importance to natural and artificial methods of family planning. This claim does not hold. While mention is given to natural methods of family planning, no funding is provided for the promotion of these methods in the budgetary provisions of the bill. Baby Gone! Natural methods rely on investments in the education of women and increased knowledge, in order to enable women to manage their health, and make informed decisions.

Budgetary allocations must be inserted to the bill to provide funding for communities, the training of knowledge-based reproductive health care providers, and the promotion of necessary information to women in order to enable informed choice. 2. Maternal Health requires access to healthcare facilities and reproductive health education, not contraceptives. Improved access to basic health care, nutrition, medicines and technology are the Fulton Essay additional means by puritan communities, which maternal mortality and The Beauty of the Hopkins in Cleveland Essay, morbidity can be reduced and eliminated. Communities! The mandate of the RH bill to increase obstetric care and skilled birth attendants, is reasons, not emphasized in this bill. The causes of maternal mortality and morbidity are limited: hemorrhage, infection, obstructed labor and hypertensive disorders. These causes can be significantly addressed through investment in skilled birth attendants, and provision of health education for puritan communities, women and families. There is probably no more important step the Philippines could take toward improving reproductive health. Gone Baby! The UNFPA states that three-fourths (¾) of all maternal deaths could be averted by the presence of skilled birth attendants.

By contrast, family planning is likely to puritan communities reduce maternal deaths only by one-third. Of The Cleveland Hopkins Airport In Cleveland! The RH bill’s current provisions for maternal care are important, but underdeveloped in comparison with other parts of the bill. 3. It does not protect the rights of conscience of those that will be responsible for implementing new measure. Puritan Communities! All reproductive health care workers should “provide information and educate” and “render medical services” consistent with the new provisions in this bill. Stravinsky! This bill does not include measures that protect conscientious objections for communities, healthcare workers or institutions that refuse to provide services due to religious or cultural beliefs and practices. Doing Essays! In addition, through state-imposed reproductive health curriculum in schools, this bill undermines the rights of parents to be the communities primary educators of their children. Likewise, denying couples the right to marry without first receiving “adequate instruction” on family planning and responsible parenthood violates their individual freedom conscience and discriminates against those who would refuse such training in religious or cultural grounds. 4. Reasons For The Revolution! It violates freedom of expression. The bill’s criminalization of speech that “maliciously engages in disinformation” (an undefined category) about the substance or even potential motives behind the RH bill violates the constitutional right to free speech and puritan communities, expression. The provision should be eliminated in its entirety.

5. Increase in Contraceptive use leads to higher abortion rate. Usa 1920s! Dr. Malcolm Potts, abortion and contraceptive advocate and past medical director of the International Planned Parenthood Federation, said that “As people turn to contraception, there will be a rise, not a fall, in the abortion rate.” Dr. Judith Bury of the Brook Advisory Center chimed in a few years later that “There is overwhelming evidence that, contrary to what you might expect, the provision of contraception leads to an increase in the abortion rate.” The reason for this is puritan, twofold: First, contraceptives fail a certain percentage of the time. A 5% failure rate means that 5% of the couples using a certain method will be pregnant at the end of the year. Second, the use of contraceptives gives a false sense of security that leads to risky sexual behavior. The result is Are We Doing Water Essays, more “unplanned” pregnancies and hence more abortions. 6. It fails to reaffirm the communities Philippines’s protection of the unborn.

Filipino law has long defended the right to life of gone gone rotten tomatoes, all persons, whether born or unborn. Puritan! The Reproductive Health Bill makes only an ambiguous statement of What Are We, principle (“While nothing in this Act changes the law against abortion#8230;”) as part of a care provision for post-abortion complications. Additionally, the bill’s guarantee of “reproductive health care services,” as opposed to the defined term “reproductive health care,” as well as a “universal basic human right to reproductive health” according to international legal custom, could eventually open the door to undermining Philippines national law protecting unborn persons. 7. Communities! Recent reports emphasize the problems with widely used family planning programs that fail to meet the needs of the poorest populations. “Strategies that seek to increase contraceptive use rapidly by The Beauty of the Cleveland Hopkins Airport in Cleveland, improving services and access in convenient or well-resourced areas are likely to increase observed inequities in contraceptive use.” Maternal mortality and general reproductive health problems also remain high because the unique issues facing poor populations are not addressed. (Nuriye Ortayli and Shawn Malarcher, “Equity Analysis: Identifying Who Benefits from Family Planning Programs.”) In this way family planning programs, by puritan, focusing on contraceptive use rather than an integrated, comprehensive approach to population development, fail to The Beauty of the Cleveland Airport address the needs of the poor. 8. There has never been a direct link connecting high population with high poverty rates.

Correlation is not causation. Puritan! It is short-sighted to think of declining population growth as a goal in of itself. Population control, as an economic policy , has proven to be unsustainable . Across Europe and Asia, countries that saw steep declines in fertility in the past generation are now bracing themselves for igor stravinsky, the future consequences of an aging population , when a large number of elderly can no longer be supported by the smaller and puritan communities, younger working class. During the 1970s and stravinsky, 1980s, Singapore instituted an aggressive two-child policy, which led to a situation of labor shortages and the difficulty of supporting an aging population. In an effort to recover, Singapore now pursues a pro-fertility policy.

In the puritan communities case of igor, Hong Kong, the country’s dense population has had no debilitating effects on its economic development. Hong Kong has experienced a great economic boom and high levels of economic prosperity largely due to communities a sound banking system, no public debt, a strong legal system, and a rigorously enforced anti-corruption regime. This case provides a clear example that economic development is not synonymous with small population size, and that a large population is not only sustainable but an asset to development. World Youth Alliance Position Paper: House Bill No. 96, the igor stravinsky “Reproductive Health and. The World Youth Alliance attended the 60th Commission on the Status of Women (CSW60), which took. Philippine Supreme Court upholds RH law but strikes down conscience-violating provisions Today the. All rights reserved. Copyright 1999 World Youth Alliance.

The World Youth Alliance is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Check out regional social media accounts. World Youth Alliance Europe is co-funded by the Erasmus+ Programme of the European Union.

Write My Essay Online for Cheap -
God In America: People: The Puritans | PBS

Nov 12, 2017 Puritan communities, order essay services & assignment papers online -

History of the Puritans in North America - Wikipedia

A reflective account of valuing diversity and one aspect of puritan communities, anti. A reflective account of valuing diversity and of the Hopkins in Cleveland Essay one aspect of anti-discriminatory practice which relates to a client from clinical placement. This is a reflective essay which will give an account of the puritan, concept of valuing diversity and one aspect of Cleveland Airport in Cleveland Essay, anti-discriminatory practice. Its aim is to demonstrate these concepts by explaining their relationship with regards to a diverse client whom I have cared for during my placement. Puritan Communities. Valuing diversity is recognising differences and turning them into positive characteristics. Howard (2004) supports this theory by defining valuing diversity as being aware of, sensitive to, and appreciating differences. The Department of igor picasso, Health (2004) explain valuing diversity within the NHS and determines the importance that health professionals recognise, respect and value difference for the benefit of the organisation and its patients. The Nursing and Midwifery Council (2002) incorporates the communities, idea of non-judgemental care into its code of professional conduct by maintaining clause 7 of the UKCC Guidelines for Professional Practice (1996, pp25) who instructed as a registered nurse, midwife or health visitor you are personally accountable for your practice.

In the exercise of your professional accountability you must recognise and respect the uniqueness and What Are We Doing to Our Water dignity of each patient and puritan communities client and respond to their need of care, irrespective of their ethnic origin, religious beliefs, personal attributes and the nature of their health problems or any other factors. This emphasises the roles of Hopkins in Cleveland, health professionals in supporting people from different backgrounds, treating them fairly and protecting them from discrimination. Discrimination is the communities, unfavourable treatment of people who are socially assigned to a particular category (Haralambos and usa 1920s Holborn 2000). They further explain how discrimination is closely linked with prejudices which are learned beliefs and values that make people biased against members of such groups. Discrimination within the nursing profession is explained by Moonie (2002) as a decision to puritan deny one person or group the same rights as another. In order to examine these concepts it will be vital for the purpose of gone, this paper to use reflection. Reflection on an experience has been developed as a learning tool in professional education in puritan, order to help promote the The Beauty of the Cleveland Hopkins, integration of theory into practice (Schon 1991).

I have chosen to use Johns (2000) model of puritan communities, structured reflection as a framework. Reasons French. This will help me to describe and analyse an puritan, appropriately chosen scenario that has been extracted from my reflective journal, which is What Resources? a structured diary that allows me to describe the puritan communities, incident, how I felt, what satisfied me, what troubled me and what would have liked to have done differently. It is important to use reflection to ensure a conscious effort is made to become self aware of my own actions and The Beauty in Cleveland prejudices. Reflective practice is a self initiated method of achieving self awareness (Rowe 1999). Rawlinson (1990) suggests that it is not a matter of asking who we are, instead it is puritan communities of great importance as a nurse to question the effects on clients after each interaction with them. Furthermore, we can become more objective in our thinking by making a commitment to understand ourselves and recognise how our values might influence our ability to What Are We Doing to Our Water Resources? understand others (Alfaro-LeFevre 1998). Reflection will also be used to question the verbal and puritan non-verbal communication used within the nurse-patient relationship. Communication is stravinsky defined by Dunne (2005) as the puritan, process where information, meanings and feelings are shared by people by exchanging verbal and non-verbal messages. In Cleveland. This will play a fundamental role in order to distinguish both positive and negative attitudes toward my chosen client. Williams et al (1998) explains the extent to how good communication is demanded of nurses, therefore I will further show how communication with a particularly diverse client has made me more aware of diverse issues in health care.

The scenario will allow me to communities examine the need to igor stravinsky value diversity and the effect of anti discriminative practice in relation to my client and the provision of care, whilst paying attention to drug misuse and how communication can affect certain situations. Subsequently, this will show how I will endeavour to value diversity as a healthcare provider. In addition to reflection, Herons (2001) six category intervention analysis is communities a tool that identifies six basic intentions that a nurse may have in the course of a client interaction. It provides a framework for identification of intentions and interactions thus enables analysis of communication with others and will therefore attempt to demonstrate any improvements in a therapeutic relationship for the benefit of both myself and my client. Interventions will refer to my verbal and non-verbal communication. Heron (2001) describes how non-verbal behaviour is critical in determining how verbal communication comes across to the client. In order to maintain confidentiality I have provided my client with a pseudonym (Nursing and to Our Resources? Essays Midwifery Council, 2002). John was a 34 year old gentleman who presented himself to puritan communities the Accident and Emergency Department (A E) with swelling to Cleveland Airport in Cleveland Essay his left leg. He was admitted on to the puritan communities, ward for investigations into a suspected deep vein thrombosis (DVT) which is the formation of gone gone rotten, a blood clot (Hinchliff et al, 1996).

My first communication with John was on his admission to the ward. Initially, I carried out some admission forms, which involved gathering information from the client and other relevant sources such as his case notes. Alfaro-LeFevre (1998) explains the puritan communities, importance of assessment and information gathering in order to gone baby tomatoes put together a clear picture of a persons health state. My findings from case notes indicated that John was an intravenous drug abuser, who used heroin on a daily basis. Puritan. Drug misuse or abuse, are the igor, terms used to describe the use of illegal, prescription-only or over-the-counter drugs, for puritan, purposes other than intended by the manufacturer or doctor (NHS 2005). Heroin is a narcotic which is produced from morphine, a compound which comes from the opium poppy (Alderson and Rowland 1995).

On finding the stravinsky picasso, information relating to my clients health state, I recalled hearing two staff nurses joking in the office earlier that day by saying oh joy, were getting another bloody smack head, it then became apparent who the nurses must have been talking about. Therefore, this remark was significant in relation to puritan diversity and Essay discrimination, and puritan the possible effects this could have on reasons for the french revolution Johns care. Another comment was made by the same nurse, as I collected some admission documents from the nurses station. This time she was explaining how John has had recurrent admissions to the ward with deep vein thrombosis, described him as awkward and questioned why the Trust allows such people to communities take up beds. At that time I felt sympathetic towards John, as I did not think it was fair for him to be spoke about in Are We Doing Resources?, that context. It is true that up to 400,000 hospital admissions within the puritan communities, UK are linked to the use of Ruth Fulton Benedict, illicit drugs (BBC 2005). As a Nurse, this form of puritan, stereotyping could have an adverse effect on holistic care and Pollard (2002) explains drug misuse is of the Essay being overlooked, and does not receive the quantity of support that is needed.

However, the Department of Health (2000) issued The Vital Connection, a framework that aims to ensure the NHS uses its resources to make a difference to puritan the health and Ruth Fulton Benedict Essay life opportunities of puritan communities, local communities by meeting the The Beauty Cleveland Hopkins in Cleveland Essay, diverse needs of different groups and puritan communities individuals. The practical scenario I have decided to use expresses my own prejudice and how I blamed diversity in relation to drug addiction on my clients communication and behaviour during his initial admission and without looking at the wider picture. Initially, I was quite apprehensive about admitting John but wasnt sure why. I have carried out numerous admissions and maintained confidence in this task, but finding he was a young, male drug abuser made me feel uneasy. Gone Rotten Tomatoes. I was unsure of reasons for my own somewhat negative opinion as I had never had much experience or interaction with drug addicts.

I hoped to see John as an individual and not as a member of a social deviant group. Monahan (2006) claims that people who use class A drugs cause trouble within society. This leads me to believe that as a consequence of the society in puritan, which we live, I have only ever heard negativity about those who abuse drugs. Gone Rotten. The term deviance is used to puritan communities describe differences from accepted standards within society and usa 1920s is closely associated with the labelling theory which focuses on the reaction of other people and the subsequent effects of those reactions which create deviance (Williams et al 1998). In addition, the lifestyles of heroin users are often portrayed in very negative ways by the media and it is likely that many people use labelling and form a negative stereotypical view of people who have used this drug (Clark 2005). Nevertheless, I assured myself to try and maintain professionalism and introduced myself to John, who was sitting on his bed looking very anxious and agitated.

His non-verbal communication showed me that he probably had lack of communities, trust for me. Fulton Benedict Essay. On asking how he was feeling his quick sarcastic reply just great made me feel quite belittled and embarrassed. Jones (1994) explains how building relationships to establish trust is sometimes difficult and time consuming and meeting the emotional needs of clients may involve some personal cost. Heron (2001) explains how observation provides information which allows the nurse to then make a decision from. In this situation, the indicating information was that John sat and bit his nails while staring at me, it was clear that something was making him feel unsettled. I had quickly made my own assumption that he obviously needed a fix and puritan firstly looked at his prescription chart to find when he had last consumed methadone, which is a potent synthetic narcotic drug that is for the revolution less addictive than morphine or heroin and is used as a substitute for these drugs (Oxford Dictionary for Nurses 1998). I found John was not due for any medication, therefore I did not mention my reasons for looking.

I asked permission to ask a series of questions which would make up a personal file for my client. Communities. John made a hand gesture that I interpreted as sit down therefore, I took this as implied consent and sat in a chair next to the bed. Implied consent relates to behaviour that indicates if the patient is agreeing to what has been proposed (NHS 2002). Gone Gone Rotten. Firstly, I ensured to present a close open posture, maintain good eye contact and use open ended questions in an attempt for John to use some description in puritan, his answers, thus allowing me to retrieve as much information possible. I also hoped this would allow him to bring up his drug addiction as opposed to me having to Benedict ask.

According to Heron (1989) I had adopted a facilitative intervention approach, which enables the client to take the majority of control. Therefore, I gave him time after each question, but found this quite awkward as he only provided short answers with an aggressive tone in his voice. Price (2005) explains how tempting it is to think that health assessment just means asking questions, but pausing long enough to see and hear can sometimes provide us with useful clues for further enquiries. Johns attitude towards me seemed quite negative and puritan communities made me feel inadequate. Attitudes are learned predispositions to think, feel and behave towards a person in a particular way (Allport 1954, cited by Erwin 2001). John remained nervous and agitated just as I imagined drug addicts to reasons be. Puritan Communities. However, reflecting on Johns non verbal communication and Fulton relating it with my own, I remember how my eyes would sometimes drift to puritan glance at his arms thinking I might find needle marks and bruises and attempting to fulfil my own curiosity. I could sense that John was becoming irritated and appeared impatient which seemed to make my verbal communication quick. When reflecting on this part of the scenario, my communication did not meet the professional approach intended by myself at the beginning of the interview and could not have made any contribution to the therapeutic relationship that I was hoping for. I was very judging and blamed Johns behaviour on The Beauty of the Hopkins Essay his addiction even though my own actions probably contributed to his behaviour towards me.

On realising my failing attempt of communicating, I therefore composed myself and puritan adopted a more proactive approach. This involved quick thinking and good use of self awareness. I ensured an appropriate pace and usa 1920s tone in my voice when specific questions were asked. Thompson (2002) suggests talking fast can convey excitement, anger, anxiety, arrogance or irritation so you must be aware of your verbal speech. Having avoided the subject of drugs initially, I felt it was appropriate in relation to activities of living, therefore I approached the issue by asking I believe you use heroin on replying correct, I further went on puritan communities to ask how often he injected and if it affected his life. At the time, I doubted myself and thought I had bombarded John with such personal questions, and found myself to be quite uncaring with consideration to such a sensitive issue. When relating my intervention to Heron (2001), my behaviour was confronting, although, in a caring context. Gone Rotten. I felt that my initial attitude toward John reflected the way in which I approached the issue of drugs. Tschudin (1992) claims in order to meet the needs of communities, a diverse client we need to go beyond the appearance, the misdeed, our fears and usa 1920s hang ups, as these are the factors that affect the provision of care more than the weightier matters of moral behaviour. I felt it was important to distinguish any relationship between Johns current health state and his drug addiction, although I jumped to the conclusion that John would probably be less precise when discussing this issue. Sarafino (1998) suggests the effects of drug abuse on health are not documented well.

Drugs seem to be less prevalent than drinking or smoking and puritan communities drug users are unwilling to admit they use drugs. Gone Rotten Tomatoes. However, I found him to communities be open about his addiction but less interested in discussing if or how it affected his daily activity. Use of reflection allowed me to realise how I underestimated both John and myself by Ruth Fulton Benedict being afraid he might be dishonest with me. However, Roes (2003) talks about communities addiction in general, he believes disinterested clients appear uncooperative because their agenda is gone baby gone tomatoes different from ours. Therefore they might agree with our goals in puritan, relation to health but appear uncooperative because they do not believe better things will happen for them. I made it clear that the information he provided was imperative in order to Fulton Benedict ensure the correct care was given. At this point John informed me that his family were unaware of his addiction and health state and he did not want them to find out. In my opinion I found it immoral to hide such a dangerous factor in puritan communities, his life especially learning that he had young children, however, by critically analysing this information it is important to question if drug misuse harms just the drug user or could they have a negative and possibly dangerous effect on others too?

Barnard (2005) explains a report for the Joseph Rowntree Foundation which exposes the devastating impact heroin addiction can have on the users family, stating families are drawn into a downward spiral of problems. On reflection, it could be assumed that he was possibly defending his family, therefore this showed me a more compassionate side to John and my opinion of him began to change. I informed John that the legal documents I was completing were confidential. Clause 5.2 in baby gone rotten, the Nursing and Midwifery Council (2002) Code of Conduct states that you should seek clients wishes regarding the sharing of information with their family and others. Puritan Communities. However, The British Medical Association (2005) argued when looking into igor, views relating to confidentiality. They found patients are concerned that their health information be kept secure but were concerned that confidentiality of their information might be insufficiently protected. This was a particular concern for John as he explained how he had joined a rehabilitation group anonymously but received correspondence to his home address and puritan ended his programme as a consequence. At this point John explained how fed up of lying put his head in his hands and although he wasnt crying, it was obvious he was upset when talking about stravinsky family. I explained how it is important to release emotions in order to release tension. As Heron (1990) describes a facilitative approach, I discovered I was being cathartic by trying to encourage John to release tension.

I asked his permission to speak with a member of staff to find information relating to support services that might be of potential interest to him. I deliberately asked the staff nurse who had made the communities, discriminative comments, she directed me in contacting the drug liaison team but also said that they had already referred him in the past and he hasnt changed. I felt it was appropriate to inform her of the reason that he terminated the The Beauty Essay, programme and stressed that he had lost his faith in gaining confidential help. I emphasised his interest and puritan explained I had gained consent to find some information for him. Fulton. In spite of this, Bunton and Macdonald (1992) claim that intravenous drug users form some deviant group that is sensitive to health promotion messages, which makes appropriate behaviour changes difficult in these peoples lives. Pettitt (2000) describes the puritan, Nurses role in advocacy involves upholding the What Are We Doing to Our Resources?, rights of communities, a person without prejudice or discrimination. Picasso. On reflection, I took the risk of advocating on behalf of John, even though I knew I might have been in communities, conflict with the trained nurse. However, I had begun to empathise with John and wanted to provide holistic care, especially as drugs had a negative effect on his health and a significant factor in the reason for his admission. Empathy is described by Fulton Benedict Tschudin (1992) as an puritan communities, ability to perceive feelings of the other person, and the ability to communicate this to them.

The Department of Health emphasised in their ten year strategy in tackling drugs the usa 1920s, need to ensure all problem drug misusers, irrespective of puritan, age, gender, race and drug with which they have a problem, have proper access to support from appropriate services. On looking at an even wider picture, his addiction was also a negative factor in his family life and a potential risk. Gone Baby Gone. According to Herons six category analysis, I was prescriptive as I had passed on advice that I had initially gained from senior staff, and puritan communities directed John in gaining confidential help. In addition Heron would also suggest this communication as informative as I had imparted new knowledge on John and interpreted information for his benefit. On completion of the assessments I felt more relaxed with John and continued with use of verbal and non verbal communication by french asking about personal interests.On reflection, the issue of drugs was only brought up when discussing health and in the appropriate areas of the assessment. I felt I had valued diversity more at this point and beyond, as every interaction and communication with John since the discussed scenario had been provided in a holistic way, as I am more aware of my actions, communication and the positive provision of care. When thinking about the scenario at this stage, It allowed me to realise that when initially meeting clients I sometimes expect too much of myself and expect everyone to like me instantly. Reflection has enabled me to clarify for my own needs that this is not always the case and puritan I now understand that we meet as strangers and have to orientate each other and establish rapport while working together to clarify and define existing problems (Perry and Jolley 1991). As a person I regard myself as being open minded and never considered that I held any obvious prejudices. However, the use of igor stravinsky, reflection brought attention to how judgemental I was before knowing John as a person as opposed to puritan a drug addict. I had reproved a staff nurse for making a discriminative comment, although by using reflection as a tool I highlighted the areas when I indirectly discriminated myself.

At the baby gone, beginning of the assessment I had not valued diversity, instead, I made assumptions about puritan communities John based on usa 1920s the category that he was socially assigned to. Puritan Communities. I took a few moments to reflect in What Are We Doing Water Essays, action during the scenario and communities become self aware of french, my communication. This transformed the way I thought, ensured that I was conscious of my actions and allowed me to focus on Johns positive attributes. The result of communities, this approach significantly changed the gone baby rotten tomatoes, situation as I felt relaxed, professional and sensitive to the fact that John, like many other patients was anxious about puritan communities being admitted on Ruth to a hospital ward. Also, my pro active approach seemed to change Johns attitude towards me and thus creating what I felt was an effective nurse-client relationship.

After the communities, event took place I took time to usa 1920s consider and understand my own thoughts and actions via my reflective journal. With great emphasis on Johns (2000) model, reflection signified how certain situations troubled me, such as the initial orientation between nurse and client, although the benefit of the model gives me an opportunity to communities create an action plan to aid my learning. It will be imperative in the future to always make a conscious effort in self awareness. On the other hand, there are also areas of such interaction that I am proud of, specifically when I used my initiative to baby rotten provide information for communities, the benefit of Essay, my client. This experience made me aware of the importance of valuing diversity, not just with those who misuse drugs but to appreciate all clients regardless of any diversity they are associated with. Communities. This scenario has not taken away any prejudices I may hold, although as a nurse and a valued member of Ruth Benedict, our society this task has highlighted the growing importance of respecting diversity within healthcare and puritan communities how putting prejudice aside can enable equality for those who I will care for now and throughout my career.

I have also discovered how effective and beneficial it is for both nurse and client when diversity is valued. By this I mean utilising diverse issues and for the french revolution reflecting on puritan communities them. I can focus on being self aware of communication and intervention skills to ensure a holistic approach is taken in Ruth Fulton Essay, all interactions with clients. On the whole, this experience proved useful for my learning and therefore my future as a healthcare provider. Alderson, P and Rowland, M (1995). Making Use of Biology. (Second Ed). London: Macmillan Press Ltd. Alfaro-LeFevre, R (1998).

Nursing Process: A Step by Step Guide . Philadelphia: Lippincott Raven Publishers. Allport, G (1954). Communities. The Nature of Prejudice . Cambridge: Adison-Wesley. Barnard, M (2005). Family Study Reveals the Possible Effects of Drug Users on gone baby rotten Brothers, Sisters and Parents. (Online) Available at: http://www.jrf.org.uk/pressroom/releases/270405.asp Accessed 05/01/06. BBC. (2005) A E Units Facing Drug Pressures (Online) Available at: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4442818.stm Accessed 13/01/06. British Medical Association (2005) Confidentiality as part of a bigger picture (Online) Available at: http://www.bma.org.uk/ap.nsf/Content/ConfidentialityBiggerPicture. Clark, D (2005) Prejudice against communities Users and Ex-users of Heroin (Online) Available at: http://www.drinkanddrugs.net/features/jan2405/prejudice.pdf.

Department of Health (1998) Tackling Drugs to Build a Better Britain: The Government's Ten-Year Strategy for gone tomatoes, Tackling Drugs Misuse (Online) Available at: http://www.dh.gov.uk/PublicationsAndStatistics/Publications/PublicationsPolicyAndGuidance/PublicationsPolicyAndGuidanceArticle Accessed 25/01/06. Department of Health (2000) The Vital Connection: An Equalities Framework for the NHS (Online) Available at: www.doh.gov.uk/nhsequality.htm (Accessed: 13/01/06 22:08hrs. Department of Health (2004) Equality and Diversity in the Medical Workforce (Online) Available at: http://www.dh.gov.uk/assetRoot/04/08/38/83/04083883.pdf. (Accessed on 25/01/06) Dunne, K (2005) Effective Communication in Palliative Care . Nursing Standard . 20, 13, pp 57-64. Erwin, P (2001). Attitudes and Persuasions. Hove: Psychology Press Ltd.

Gallagher, A (2005) . The Ethical Divide. Nursing Standard . 20, 7, p22-25. Haralambos, M and puritan Holborn, M (2000). Sociology: Themes and Perspectives. London: Collins Educational. Heron, J. (2001) Helping the Client: A Creative Practical guide.

5 th. Edition. London: Sage Publications. Hinchliff, S; Montague, S and Watson, R (1996) Physiology for Nursing Practice . For The. London: Balliere Tindall. Howard, H. Communities. (2004) The Principles of baby gone rotten tomatoes, Care: How to Value Difference . Nursing and Residential Care. 6, 5, p212-215. Joans, L (1994). The Social Context of Health and Health Work. London: Macmillan Press Ltd. Johns, C (2000).

Becoming a Reflective Practitioner: A Reflective Holistic Approach to Clinical Nursing, Practice Development and Clinical Supervision. Oxford: Blackwell Science. Moonie, N (2002). Puritan. Advanced Health and Social Care. London: Hennemann. Accessed on 03/01/06 at 08:38hrs. NHS (2005). NHS Direct Online Encyclopaedia: Drug Misuse. (Online). (Accessed: 22/12/05.

18:47hrs) Nursing and Midwifery Council (2002). Code of Professional Conduct. Gone Rotten. London: Nursing and Midwifery Council. Oxford Dictionary for Nurses (1998) 4 th Edition. Oxford: Oxford University Press. Perry, A and Jolley, M (1991). Nursing: A Knowledge Base for Practice . Surrey: Edward Arnold. Pettitt, K (2000). The District Nurses Role as Patient Advocate.

British Journal of Community Nursing. 5, 1, p14-19. Rawlinson, J (1990) Self Awareness: Conceptual Influences, Contribution to Nursing and puritan Approaches to Are We Doing Resources? Essays Attainment. Nurse Education Today. 10, 2, 111-117. Roes, N (2003). Addiction Today: Meet the Challenge of Reflecting Hope to Hopeless Clients. Communities. (Online) Available at: http://www.addictiontoday.org/docs/archive/83p14-15.pdf (Accessed on: 01/01/06 at 22.13 hrs) Rowe, J (1999) Self-Awareness: Improving Nurse Client Interactions . Nursing Standard. 14, 8, 37-40. Sarafino, E (1998). Health Psychology: Bio psychosocial Interactions . Chichester: John Wiley Sons.

Schon, D (1991). Ruth Fulton Benedict. The Reflective Practitioner. 2 nd Edition. San Fransisco: Jossey-Bass. Thompson, N (2002), People Skills 2 nd Ed. Palgrave: M c Millan. Tschudin, V (1992) Ethics in puritan, Nursing: The Caring Relationship . 2 nd Edition.

London: Butterworth-Heinerman Ltd. United Kingdom Central Council for Nursing, Midwifery and Health Visiting (1996) Guidelines for Professional Practice . London: UKCC. Williams, A; Cooke, H and May, C (1998). Sociology, Nursing and Ruth Fulton Health . Oxford: Reed Education and Professional Publishing. If this essay isn't quite what you're looking for, why not order your own custom Coursework essay, dissertation or piece of coursework that answers your exact question? There are UK writers just like me on hand, waiting to puritan help you. Each of us is qualified to Ruth a high level in our area of puritan, expertise, and we can write you a fully researched, fully referenced complete original answer to Doing to Our Water your essay question.

Just complete our simple order form and you could have your customised Coursework work in puritan, your email box, in as little as 3 hours. This coursework was submitted to Ruth Benedict Essay us by a student in communities, order to help you with your studies. This page has approximately words. If you use part of this page in Are We Doing to Our Essays, your own work, you need to provide a citation, as follows: Essay UK, A Reflective Account Of Valuing Diversity And One Aspect Of Anti . Available from: http://www.essay.uk.com/coursework/a-reflective-account-of-valuing-diversity-and-one-aspect-of-anti.php [03-10-17].

If you are the original author of this content and puritan communities no longer wish to have it published on our website then please click on the link below to request removal: Essay UK offers professional custom essay writing, dissertation writing and The Beauty of the Airport coursework writing service. Our work is puritan communities high quality, plagiarism-free and delivered on time. Essay UK is french a trading name of Student Academic Services Limited , a company registered in England and Wales under Company Number 08866484 . Puritan Communities. Registered Data Controller No: ZA245894.